Painting: Dies Irae by Jeroen Bosch (1508) / Design: The Acephalic by Von S (127 yf)
What you are about to read, is based upon A. Crowley’s Gnostic Mass. I have taken the liberty to focus on his Ceremony of the Introit in order to write this Acéphalic Ecclessiae Gnosticae pt. 1 through which the Dies Irae or the Day of Wrath is being invoked.
My Acephalic Mysticism is based upon Bataille’s occult Weltanschauung which is partly Gnostic (the Sacred as the omnipotent Ur-Grund of Being itself and the Acephalous gods that reside within the Ur-Grund). Bataille founded a secret group, L’Acéphale, and besides publishing its own journal, Bataille and its member also performed secret rituals. Bataille himself had been practising meditation and yoga for quite a while then. Nevertheless, he never completely focussed on the future of mankind, or the possibilities beyond rediscovering the Sacred. His Acephalic programme, which you will find as part of this ritual, seems to hint at the destruction of the present world order and a new one to come, but soon after this, Bataille dissolved his esoteric group, Acéphale, and focussed on the political and philosophical. He abandonned his occult interests and gained interest in art and the like, which was refreshing as well and I intend to come back to that later. But now I want to pay attention to Bataille’s Gnostic interest. Now, besides Bataille the writings of the Ministry of the Abyss have been inspirational as well.
With regard to the further devolopment of Mankind my original and main source of inspiration lies with the ONA.
The Acephalic Ecclessiae Gnosticae pt. 1: The Ceremony of the Introit
Of the Officers of the Acephalic Mass
The Priest. Enters the Temple with a gold plate on which freshly disembowled intestines have been placed, and he is adorned with an imperial sanguine robe on which the mystical symbol of the Acéphalic is embroidered with gold thread.
The Priestess. Her bodily presence evokes both the most celestial and the most base: born from Eorthe and raised in the Cosmic. Elegantly she strides with high heels and with the snakelike look of a sexual predator she flirts with the gods themselves. She is the Mistress of the Earth. Between her beautiful breasts an inversed septagram is tattooed and it is encircled with the Symbols of the Seven Spheres for she symbolizes Temptation of the causal and Transgression towards the acausal. She is a portal in the flesh towards the most exquisite forms of torture and infinite Wisdom gained from it. The Priestess is clothed in white, black and red leather. Not only does she bear the Sacrificial knife from a red girdle, she holds the burning flame in her hands. The Flame of Destruction and Warfare. The Flame of mankind’s hidden divinity and his Cosmic destiny. It is the Flame which will consume man as he tumbles into the Abyss denoting the loss of all logical knowledge. The Priestess embodies the rebirth of the Sacred after centuries of Magian dominion. Then and only then will the patriarchal system come to an end.
The Deacon. He is a beautifully muscular man with a godlike body. Sculpted as if it were by the Greeks themselves. He is a true representative of a newborn Warrior caste and a product of Spartan upbringing and a most rigorous life style of positive asceticism and individual discipline. He is dressed in his splendid nakedness but he wears a mask to emphasize his non-identity. As an Acéphalic Warrior he belongs to the caste and his Wyrd coincides with the Greater Wyrd. His body is painted with gold for he appears like a radiant Sun. His member is erect for the Deacon is meant to symbolize the Phallic and Potent Solar God. His whole body is shaven for he takes pride in his perfectness. Because of holy circumcision his shining scarlet glans compels admiration and invokes sheer animalistic lust. Against his abdomen he carries a magnificent human skull set with black and purple diamonds and this Skull symbolizes the finiteness of Life and celebrates the coming of Holy Death.
As he places the holy Skull on the altar, the congregation sings:
“Satan, thou Eye, thou Lust!”
“Satan, thou Eye, thou Lust!”
“Satan, thou Eye, thou Lust!”
“Agios O Satanas, Agios O Satanas.”
Then the Priestess takes the floor and adresses the congregation in a loud and defiant voice:
“I wish to demolish and subvert classic, so-called immortal values, burden you with a sinking feeling, a feeling of disgust, self-hatred. I wish to dismember and torture all dogmatists who claim to speak and uphold ‘the truth and nothing but the truth’. I know it’s hard, very hard, if not impossible to be an iconoclast after centuries of groundbraking philosophies and art movements, but in my attempt to subvert the immortal values I will be ferosciously religious. This is without a single doubt one of the most rigorous Jihads ever conducted.”
At her command the Priest continues:
“Listen to our acephalic programme. The Programme of the Abyss, Eorthe and the Cosmic.
1. I assume the function of destruction and decomposition, but as an accomplishment and not as a negation of being (Bataille).
2. I take upon myself perversion and crime, as values integrated within the human totality (Bataille) but demolished by the present ethical standards.
3. I fight for the decomposition and exclusion of all communities based upon egalitarian, democratic, churchly and patriarchal values. I commit myself to all aristocratic, headless and matriarchal multiplicities that aim at subverting and disrupting the present Order.
4. I affirm the inequality of men and the organic character of society. (Bataille) I affirm those few exceptional beings that have been able to sip from the Well of Infinity, and who have witnessed the creative maelstrom of the Limitless Void.
5. I wish to take part in the nuclear (my emphasis) destruction of this ‘imperfect and cruel’ world, with my eyes OPEN to the Galactic Imperium to come.
6. I affirm the value of (artistic) violence and the will to aggression insofar they invoke the darker forces of the Abyss.
7. I prefer forces to form, ideas to representation (Artaud).
8. I wish to initiate a new black period, an epidemic of plague: a world of new controversial ideas, übermenschlich in scope and most cruel in practice. Subjecting man to unknown and dark rites by invoking the Abyssal. I say this to you: this will be an epoch of dismemberment, disfigurements, a breaking down of existing forms, a melting down of everything solid and returning it to the primaevil slime. The madman Artaud talked about an « unheard degree of putrefaction and petrifaction » to which the plagueridden human body is subjected. This must become a universal condition, a cleansing of Eorthe and a devotion to the Void.
9. In the wake of Artaud we deny the culture of reason as the sole mode of representation of the human psyche. Man’s “taste for crime, his erotic obsessions, his savagery, his fantasies, his utopian and distopian sense of life and of things, even his cannibalism” (Artaud) is what we hold dear.
10. There can be no Truth, there is only Cruelty.
11. These are Rites of happiness and joy … Joy before Death” (Bataille)
With these words and antinomian benedictions the Priestess proclaims the advent of a transitional period. A Sinister one celebrating mundane antinomian behaviour to the point of no return, being the Day of Wrath. The Mass announces this grand day, the Dies Irae and therefore the Priestess commands the congregation to sing in honour of this:
When the last notes of this beautiful, sinister musick reverbaerate in the Temple the Priestess commands the congregation:
“Greeting of Eorthe and Cosmos! The Aeon of Fire is upon us. Let us prepare for this Holy Day of Wrath. The Acephalic One will reign must supremely and without pity. Let the Orgy commence.”
“AGIOS O SHUGARA! AGIOS O SHUGARA! 333! “
Von S, 127yf
 The intestines on the drawing of Breton symbolize the labyrinth.
 After the Ritual the Deacon will be subjected to a merciless and above all perverse orgy. As the perverse solar Deity he will be penetrated by the Priest, the dildo wearing Priestess and all males present in the Church. He will enjoy the penetrations as much as he will enjoy the seed that is ejaculated in his face. The act of Sodomy unleashes all the dark erotic passions that have been suppressed for ages. There is no procreation, just the act of penetrating the willing solar anus of the Deacon. This is based on antinomian Tantric practices.
 For the Traditionalists the Sun symbolizes Purity, a homogeneous source of light and clarity which is to be worshipped. Bataille however regards the Sun as a heterogeneous source of excessively pouring energy; an never ending volcanic eruption. An image of the Sublime for it cannot be captured, controlled, tamed. Staring directly into the Sun is impossible, and hurts the eyes most excruciatingly because its blinding heat burns one’s feeble retina. Surely the Sun is a symbol of life and warmth, but that is only the fact because our earth is at a serious distance of the Star of Hell. The Sun gives and gives relentlessly and has shown before to destroy rather than stimulate growth. Thanks to the ozon layer its harmful radiation is being filtered, but today’s hothouse effect shows the Sun’s enormous power. Bataille therefore inverts the traditional solar metaphor (clarity, insight, stability, progress, knowlegde, claritas) and turns towards the other.
- Georges Bataille: The Bataille Reader
- Antonin Artaud: The Theater and its Double
- Ministry of the Abyss: of Ecclesia Mysteria – The Deplorable Word
- Aleister Crowley: Magick in Theory and Practice